Monday, October 19, 2009

What We've Been Up To...




Well, we've been out of town for over a week and now we're home. We enjoyed time in Bavaria at a hotel and conference center while Tom was taking classes, and then we all traveled to Austria. We stayed on a farm in the mountains in Austria and enjoyed it so much. I will put up a bunch of pictures about that soon. I am still trying to catch up on mounds of dirty laundry and grocery shopping.

The weather has become quite chilly and frosty here, so I took some time on Saturday to sew the boys each a fleece "foot sack" to keep them bundled while walking with our stroller. So we have been drinking coffee and tea, doing more indoor activities like painting and taking long fun baths.

Josiah has begun walking (upright) now - all the time. Just 2 days ago, October 17, he realized he could do it so well, and he hasn't stooped down to do his bear-walk since then. I'll miss the little bear-crawl, but he sure likes looking his brother face to face and thinks he's a big boy now! Josiah likes to make animals sounds and announce his activities - such as "sit, sit, sit" and "walk, walk, walk." He certainly acts likes a big boy these days - and he says "no!" quite often, too. Sometimes so sweet and coy and subtle that his rebellion is hardly noticeable, and then other times (especially those involving food) he screams good and loud! He also popped out a few new eye-teeth just this week.

Nathaniel's imagination is too funny. It is as though he can really see what he is talking about and describing to me. Today he is telling me that he is babysitting Blue while Steve is out of town (Blue - the dog character from Blues Clues). He set out bowls for Blue to eat and drink from and held the leash while we walked downstairs. And he has been calling me Ms. Frizzle (the teacher from the Magic School bus books - if only I could take all those cool field trips). He asked me how I got here and if I came in through the pipes to our faucet.

Tom and I are pondering and praying for the future. Please pray for us as we will soon request and decide whether to remain in the army or to be finished. And if we are done in the army, where should we live? How will we know where God wants us to go if the army doesn't just up and plant us somewhere!? Also, Tom is up for a promotion, which may influence a move to a different neighborhood in the next few months. So much to wonder about, and so little control over any of it. We really want to do great things for Jesus Christ's kingdom and are hesitant to "settle down" anywhere until we feel more certain of our role in His kingdom.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Sara, we will be praying for you two and the decisions you need to make soon. We just bought a house and moved in last weekend...it feels weird being 'settled' and a home owner. Haven't had that feeling in my adult life and not sure I'm used to it. Sorry I haven't been good at communicating with you. I miss you!

Joy

TSNJ said...

Congrats on your house! Very cool - good job just deciding to stay put and give service to God. How did you decide? How's my prego-friend feeling these days? Do you know the gender? I miss you, too. Can't believe you were here and Josiah is so "old" now!