Nathaniel and Josiah have lots to say. Sometimes the noise around here makes me feel crazy and sometimes it makes me laugh. Josiah is especially funny because he is still figuring out grammar. I thought I would share a couple "quotables" that made me laugh.
From Josiah:
"Sometimes I eated fwuzzy things on a big, big stick!" (hmmmm...I really have no idea what he's talking about!)
"Watch Out! I shooted my fork gun, I did shooted you!" (learning to use irregular past tense in English is a bit strange)
"We can't go to the van this morning." (Mom - "Oh really? Why not?") "Because the van is on the roof."
"He spitted the Tanker Twuck out! That was funny!"
"I am not gwown-up. I am not in chawge. When I am big, big I will be in chawge." (he likes to repeat adjectives for emphasis!)
"Baby Kira is a baby. Mrs. Kerah is not a baby. Mrs. Amy is not Mrs. Kerah's Mommy...." (He repeated this about 10 times, while he tried to figure out these mysterious same-sounding names).
"Your skin is nice and pinchy, too." (Does this refer to my wrinkles? What?)
"I falled asweep in my room last night. It was dark and I falled to sweep." (Much better than the previous 3 nights of yelling!)
And he's very sweet some days. He crawls in my lap and holds my face between his chubby little hands and tells me, "I wuv you Mommy, you're pwetty."
The pictures of Josiah were from sledding (he mostly sat at the bottom of the hill and ate snow) and when he was opening and trying on all his new Christmas presents.
Nathaniel is always talking about what he will do when he is big. Here's a few of his recent ideas:
He wants to write a recipe book and run a bakery. He loves to cook and invent. I let him smell and taste all the spices and sometimes he decides how to enhance a meal!
He also wants to be an astronaut.
He would like to be a bible translator and live in the jungle.
He wants to build a Lego room and live in it.
He wants to be a marine-entomologist (that was the exact title he used!) to discover bugs under the sea never found before.
He wants to drive a VW Monster Truck.
He wants to be a teenager (I guess he thinks then he will be done with parental discipline)...
He wants to be God (because he wishes he were perfect)...
In one of the pictures, you can see Nathaniel shaking a jar of cream to make butter. I figured shaking and jumping for 20 minutes would be just his style. Yes, the butter was good and he used lots of energy to make it!
When the snow around here melted he was eager to ride his new big bike - he's doing great! But it snowed again today, so I guess we'll put off riding the bike again for awhile.
They had a small circus with a clown and a magician visit his Kindergarten (the kids acted out being the different animals). The clowns painted the children's faces. He sure looked cute and had such a fun day--the best day at Kindergarten yet!
2 comments:
"I wuv you Mommy, you're pwetty"
awwww..You have a very very sweet boy there ;) Miss you all much, hope things are well!
- Esther C. from Malaysia
"I wuv you Mommy, you're pwetty."
awwww you have a very sweet boy there Sara :) Missing all of you, hope life is good~ take care!
-Esther C. (Malaysia)
Post a Comment